Arc Finance is committed to measuring the impact of its programs in terms of increased availability of consumer financing for clean energy products and services. Arc also measures and reports on other indicators we view as important for our development agenda.
Arc Finance is implementing several large programs including the USAID-funded Renewable Energy Microfinance and Microenterprise Program (REMMP) and the Partnership to Advance Clean Energy – Deployment Technical Assistance (PACE-D TA) Program. Under these programs, we capture and aggregate ongoing impact data from our partner organizations. Using a cloud-based monitoring tool, we continually measure:
- Clients reached
- Number of indirect beneficiaries of the program
- Benefits accruing specifically to women and girls
- Size and risk of the overall energy portfolio
- Funding leveraged
- CO2 reductions
With our partners we are now accelerating our impact, as of March 2017:
- Over 3 million household members have been reached.
- Over 614,000 customers have been provided with clean energy products.
- About 88% of all energy clients are women and 91% of all energy finance clients are women.
- About 2,200 people started new businesses selling clean energy products.
- 20 financial intermediaries have been supported in 5 countries: Haiti, Uganda, Kenya, India and Nepal.
- Collectively, our partners report an increase in size of their energy portfolios of over 1,000%.
- Over $29 million has been disbursed in loans by microfinance and asset finance partners.
- Over US$47 million in investments has been leveraged to support the growth of REMMP partners.
- Over 4.5 megawatts of solar capacity has been installed.
- Over 150,000 tons of CO2e have been displaced.
- Over 647 other stakeholders have been reached through workshops and exchanges.